Monday, March 5, 2012

Scrambled eggs with chives and feta cheese



Ingredients

2 eggs
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp milk
feta cheese
chives

The weekend was kind of rough. This whole lent thing is starting to get to me and the cravings for sugar are taking on new and scary forms. To give you a quick overview, I've been nursing a growing addiction to dried dates, pushed my drinking towards the upper end of social (yes, you have to see the movie "Rum Diaries"!) because I read that beer is converted into sugar by your body, artfully painted (aka disfigured) numerous Easter eggs to keep busy and have been incredibly cranky the rest of the time. Combined with the seemingly endless wait for this allegedly incredible feeling of lightness once weaned off sugar that has been promised left and right, I clearly am in dire need for some endorphins.

So I downloaded some new music and went for my first run of the year! The good news is that regarding the fact that it was the first run of the year, I'm still in pretty good shape and was able to keep up my slow jog for nearly 45 minutes (the bright sunshine and singing birds helped a lot!). What counts for me right now is that besides having some exercise, the run bought me a full 45 careless chocolate-chip-cake-candy-craving-less minutes!

And afterwards, inspired by Green Thyme, I rewarded myself with some scrambled eggs and lots of bread (carbs are also converted into sugar by the body...). I have to admit I like them with butter instead of regular cooking oil. Also, I don't really scramble them but once the butter has melted, I crack the eggs into the pan and kind of fold them into each other with the milk (which makes them more fluffy). Finally, season them with a little salt and pepper and add as much chives and feta cheese (or whatever cheese and herbs you have at hand), and enjoy!

Life is good!

7 comments:

  1. Life without sugar...I'm not sure I could handle it. But eating this meal after a good run...that I could do! Your eggs really are amazingly fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the long run. Sometimes we all need that. Your eggs look beautiful. I love chives and feta-a perfect combination. Happy to have provided a little inspiration :) Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah yes.. I absolutly know what u mean with weakness and cravings. The lent is taking effect right?

    Excellent choice on dish, scrambled egg with chives and feta is surely full of protein which will be a nice solace. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sugar is like a drug to me. I'm so easily addicted and can't shake the cravings for it. Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter and "food blogging" does not help that one bit either. :)

    Your scrambled eggs look perfect. Chives are their perfect partner and well, everything is just better with feta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious, would be a perfect saturday breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes these perfectly simple dishes are my absolute favorite. And I just love chives on anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a nice breakfast meal change to the usual scrambled eggs. The feta cheese brings a lot of flavor and salt, so you won't need much seasoning.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...