Friday, July 8, 2011

Radish fast food or how to make dinner art



Ingredients
1 slice of bread
butter
radishes, thinly sliced
sea salt

There are the days when I love cooking. The days when already in the morning, I come across an interesting recipe in one of my favorite food blogs or I know that a certain ingredient is sitting in my fridge waiting to be prepared; the days when I can’t stop picturing myself in the kitchen having fun and I can’t wait to get home and get started.

Then, there are the other days, fortunately happening more rarely. Work might have been all-consuming and stressful or I just don’t feel like cooking. Usually, I am still hungry as a wolf, and yes, there are those rare days when I give in, pick up the phone and order some pizza for delivery.

Luckily, there are many options in between. As people are beginning to realize, food doesn’t have to be complicated or take a lot of time and effort to prepare, and sometimes the most heart-warming and delicious dishes are as simple as toasting a slice of bread (a note on the bread: I love whole wheat sourdough bread, but you can make this with all kinds of robust breads; toasting gives the bread more of a crunch and melts the butter so it is absorbed into the bread) , putting some butter and radishes on it and sprinkling it with a pinch of salt to create a colorful little piece of dinner art.

Life is good!

4 comments:

  1. I recently discovered radishes and have been getting them in my CSA. So crunchy and a little spicy. Didn't think about arranging them with bread and butter-nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, fresh radishes are the best, i like the spiciness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my favorite sandwiches! simply delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...